Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Movie Review - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part One


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part One (Rated PG-13)
from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Voldemort's power is growing stronger. He now has control over the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts. Harry, Ron, and Hermione decide to finish Dumbledore's work and find the rest of the Horcruxes to defeat the Dark Lord. But little hope remains for the Trio, and the rest of the Wizarding World, so everything they do must go as planned. (plot summary taken from imdb.com)

Trying to be as spoiler-free as possible, I swear!

I loved the newest installment in the Harry Potter movie franchise. I felt like the Director did a really great job with putting in just the right amount of flashback-type scenes, action, and emotional play. It was a great decision to split this book into two movies. It allowed them to hit on a lot more of the details!

Ron and Hermione and Harry were all put through the wringer in this movie, physically and emotionally, and it was portrayed excellently. The camping scenes were great...I could almost see my own breath at moments! There were more steamy scenes in this movie, and while I love the emotion...um, Daniel Radcliffe is kind of an awkward kisser, at least in my own opinion!


*Spoiler Alert*
One scene I was really sad to have left out... when Harry goes to Godric's Hollow and sees the house where he was born...they did not have the sign that popped up showing all of the supportive messages left for Harry. THAT was my favorite part of the whole book!
*End Spoiler*


Oh well, other than that...it was GREAT! I cannot wait to go see the final conclusion in July.


...from a faithful Ravenclaw...

1 comment:

  1. Good review! Some of my family who saw it didn't think the movie did the book justice. Maybe because it's getting so close to the end?

    ReplyDelete