Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Gold Star Interview - Kelly Keaton!

Hello All!

As you all know, when I LURVE a book, I give it a Gold Star Review here. Well, to liven up the blog a little, I'm going to (try to) interview the author of each book that receives a coveted Gold Star! I hope you'll enjoy these quick, little interviews. :D

Today's guest is the fabulous Kelly Keaton! I'm so excited. I loved both of Kelly's books in the Gods and Monsters series, but today, we're going to talk officially about the second title, A Beautiful Evil. You can go back and check out my gushy Gold Star Review here.

 
Welcome, Kelly! Thank you so much for stopping by to chat with me. I have just a couple of quick questions for you:
 
1.       How long did it take you, from first spark of idea to final proofs, to write A Beautiful Evil?
 
Since it was the second in a two book contract, the idea – or at least a vague idea – was there from the time I sold the first book. So, almost two years. The actual writing time once I started it was about two months - I’m a big procrastinator, LOL.
 
2.       If you could write a book under a pseudonym that no one would ever connect to you, are there any genres you would love to secretly explore?
Not anything I feel would need to be secretive about. I’m actually toying with writing a contemporary romantic comedy. Love reading those and always wanted to write more in that genre. My very first manuscript was a rom-com w/some paranormal thrown in.   
 
3.       I LOVED that A Beautiful Evil evoked such a strong atmospheric setting. You must have researched New Orleans quite a bit. Is there any one part of New Orleans that you think everyone should visit or a piece of the town’s history that you think everyone should know?
Thanks! There are so many places I’d advise people to see. The Garden District. Lafayette Cemetery. The French Quarter. Jackson Square. You can just walk and shop and sit and eat and take it all in, day after day, and it never gets old. NOLA has this amazing Old World yet vibrant feel, an ambience – a feel-good, happy, artistic vibe. Well worth the visit! *I cannot WAIT to go to New Orleans someday. I think there are so many cool things to see! It's on the top of my husband's travel list, too...
 
4.       If you could cross one thing off your bucket list tomorrow, what would it be?
Tour sites of ancient Greece. *That is on my bucket list, too!*
 
5.       Quick picks list:
Favorite vacation destination?
Beach, mountains, and NOLA.
 
Favorite childhood book?
The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
 
Favorite writing snack food?
Doritos
 
Favorite clothing item?
White V-neck T
 
Thank you so much, Kelly, for letting me interview you. It was a pleasure!

For more information about Kimberly and her books (I personally keep stalking checking her website for information about book #3!), check out her website at http://kellykeaton.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment