Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Avalon High - the Movie



Avalon High: the movie
based on the book, Avalon High by Meg Cabot



The newest Disney TV movie is based on the book, Avalon High.

Ellie, new to Avalon High, suddenly catches the eye of Avalon High's football star, Will. While their friendship develops into potentially something more, Ellie discovers that Will may just be the reincarnation of King Arthur. As stated in a prophecy, Ellie, her new best friend Miles, and her parents must protect Will so he can fulfill his destiny.

This movie was really cute and the cast was great. Ellie was phenomenal and I loved the fact that she was strong...a strong runner, a strong academic, and a strong woman. She was awesome. Jen (played by the cute girl from Castle) and Lance were both good, and Will was really well acted, though he was almost too pretty for me. My favorite character, though, was Miles. He was just the right amount of comic relief for the story... :)
I really enjoyed the movie and might even get it for myself when it comes out on DVD eventually. It's been awhile since I read the book, though, and I've read some internet buzz that confirmed for me that the ending was changed. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, a lot, but now I have to go back and reread the book!!
What did you all think of the movie? Love the book more?

1 comment:

  1. I need see this movie!!!!!!!!
    Great new!

    Hugs,

    Nii
    Blog Faz Parte...

    ReplyDelete