Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

2011 Debut Author Challenge

This year I've been participating in the 2010 Debut Author Challenge and it's been a blast, so of course I decided to sign up again for this coming year's 2011 Debut Author Challenge!!

Hosted by The Story Siren, the challenge is to read at least 12 books by authors debuting their first middle grade or young adult book in 2011. My list of books I'd like to read for this challenge in 2011 (so far) are:

  1. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  2. XVI by Julia Karr
  3. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
  4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  5. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
  6. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
  7. Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
  8. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  9. Clarity by Kim Harrington
  10. Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker
  11. Hourglass by Myra McIntyre
  12. Die for Me by Amy Plum
  13. Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Anyway, this is my list so far, with way more to add later, I'm sure!


9 comments:

  1. Great list, I'll definitely have to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for putting THE LIAR SOCIETY on your list. Can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, those all sound good! Can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I just read an interview with Kim Harrington and Clarity sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited to read all of the ones I've already listed! If you check out Kristi's site, "The Story Siren," she has a huge list of 2011 debuts with way more that I still haven't heard of, but want to check out now.

    @Lisa and Laura - Of course! I follow your blog and love the premise for your book. I'm stoked to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for joining the challenge! hope you discover some great new authors in '11!! happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kristi! The list of debuts this coming year looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for including CLARITY, Jessica! I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim- Clarity looks amazing! I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete