Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Into the Gauntlet


Into the Gauntlet
by Margaret Peterson Haddix
The 39 Clues, book 10

Throughout the hunt for the 39 Clues, Amy and Dan Cahill have uncovered history's greatest mysteries and their family's deadliest secrets. But are they ready to face the truth about the Cahills and the key to their unmatched power? After a whirlwind race that's taken them across five continents, Amy and Dan face the most the difficult challenge yet- a task no Cahill dared to imagine. When faced with a choice that could change the future of the world, can two kids succeed where 500 years worth of famous ancestors failed? (description from Amazon.com)

What a great "end" to the series! Having waited a little bit to read it, I know that there is a whole secondary series beginning, so this isn't truly the end, (and boy am I glad!) but it came to a really good point in this book.

Without ruining things for anyone, I will just say that I love the adventure, puzzles, fun facts, and family in this series. Yes, I say family, because even as this family is fighting, clawing, and scheming their way around each other for clues, people like Nellie (the au pair) are becoming part of the Cahill family and members from different branches of the family...ones who never mingled before...are drawing alliances and coming together as a larger extended family.

In fact, the end of this book is all about if Dan and Amy can bring the family together or not, essentially to save the world from power hungry Cahills! What happens made me smile. I really loved all of the revelations about the younger Cahills...from all branches...in this final book.

There, no spoilers. I will just finish with - IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN READING THIS SERIES...START NOW! It's sooooo good. (And they are really quick reads!)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this series! Such cute addicting fast reads. Plus I've learned about past celebrities - Mozart, Ben Franklin....

    ReplyDelete