Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Gemini Night


Gemini Night
by Bonnie Hearn Hill
Star Crossed, book three

Starting her junior year, Logan McRae is excited about her internship at CRUSH magazine. But she is not so excited about her new boyfriend Jeremy’s travel abroad in Ireland. Logan’s in over her head trying to balance school, love, and friends, while trying to solve an astrological mystery—the fate of a Gemini is star-crossed.

Will Logan find out who is in danger before the CRUSH Halloween costume party? Can she prove to the publisher she deserves her own astrology column? And will her relationship with Jeremy survive the distance? Only time will tell as Logan continues to reach for the stars! (description taken from Amazon.com)

This was a fun, easy read. The overall plotline was interesting with a good twist and the pages interspersed between the real chapters containing astrology knowledge were really cute and intriguing. I like the way the book was structured with Logan's "columns" about how to interest each individual type of guy (ie. Taurus, Virgo, Pieces, etc.) in between the major chapters. I liked the "handwritten" notes that Logan made to herself as the story moved along.

I liked Logan and all of her friends. I especially liked the way that Logan and her two best friends, Chili and Paige, always supported and stood up for one another. They were a group I would have loved to have hung out with in highschool.

And, though at some points I was actually distracted by Logan's references to peoples' signs (ie. - "Way to go, Gemini" or "That's because he's a Taurus..."), I did find myself thinking about what signs each of the character was...as well as many of my friends and family. It made me want to go out and get a copy of Fearless Astrology to start reading more.

Overall a fun, light read.

Full disclosure: Review copy received from publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment