Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars


Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars
Starring Jennifer Stone

Young spy, Harriet Welsch, crosses paths with popular student Marion Hawthorne as the two girls vie to become the official blogger of their high school class. (description taken from imdb.com)

Okay, I was officially obsessed with Harriet the Spy when I was a kid. I even carried around my own observation notebook for awhile and went to see the professional play with my Grandmother!!

Thus, I loved the fact that they made an updated movie. It's still Harriet, but she wants to be class blogger!! How awesome. There were lots of nods to the original...can we say red shoes, anyone?... but a whole new generation can also enjoy. :)

My only qualm was that the boy she spends the whole movie stalking, I mean spying on, of course, has a meltdown then just suddenly forgives her at the end. It made for a cute ending, but was totally unrealistic. Oh well. Overall, I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment