Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bloody Valentine


Bloody Valentine
by Melissa De La Cruz
Blue Bloods novella

Vampires have powers beyond human comprehension: strength that defies logic, speed that cannot be captured on film, the ability to shapeshift and more. But in matters of the heart, no one, not even the strikingly beautiful and outrageously wealthy Blue Bloods, has total control. (description taken from Amazon.com)

This novella had three great short love stories. I think my favorite was the first story, Just Another Night in Suck City, featuring Oliver and a new character, Freya. Oliver is one of my favorite characters and I feel so sorry that his relationship with Schuyler is so tumultuous. The events in this story made me feel better, though. ;) I was also very excited to see that this story is a prelude to Melissa De La Cruz's next book, Witches of East End, coming this summer.

The other stories were about Allegra and Charles before Allegra leaves him and has Schuyler and then about Schuyler and Jack's bonding. They were both very good, but I had to really think about some of the details from the books that I couldn't remember right away... Especially with the bonding story, I had to remember that it was actually set before the newest book, Misguided Angel.

Definitely a fun read for fans of the Blue Bloods series.
PS - OMG. Love this cover. One of my absolute favorites!

1 comment: