Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Wicked Appetite


Wicked Appetite
by Janet Evanovich

Life in Marblehead has had a pleasant predictability, until Diesel arrives. Rumor has it that a collection of priceless ancient relics representing the Seven Deadly Sins have made their way to Boston’s North Shore. Partnered with pastry chef Lizzie Tucker, Diesel bullies and charms his way through historic Salem to track them down—and his criminal mastermind cousin Gerewulf Grimorie. The black-haired, black-hearted Wulf is on the hunt for the relic representing gluttony. Caught in a race against time, Diesel and Lizzie soon find out that more isn’t always better, as they battle Wulf and the first of the deadly sins. (description taken from Amazon.com)

Oh my gosh...Stephanie Plum lovers, hold on to your hats!! This is a great start to a new series by my favorite humor author. This book has officially earned a
for excellence! I laughed so hard in a couple of spots that I almost snorted coffee out of my nose...yuck.
Do you remember Carl, the trouble-making monkey, from Finger-Lickin Fifteen? Well...he's back...and I LOVE IT! He is soooo funny. His presence in this storyline is just priceless.
Beyond Carl, I love Diesel and his new partner, Lizzie. They're both great characters and they work well off one another. This first adventure in hunting down stones representing the seven deadly sins deals with gluttony and it's funny (plus I craved cupcakes for about six hours today) and I cannot wait to see what happens when they have to handle say...lust. Whoa!
If you love Stephanie Plum, or if you just want a book that will make you laugh out loud - guaranteed - pick this one up...and plan to read the next one whenever it comes out! I know I will be...

2 comments:

  1. You won an award! http://ocdaboutbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read this. Glad the humor lived up to your expectations :)

    ReplyDelete