Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Vanished


Vanished
by Kate Brian
Private series, book twelve

When Noelle disappears in the middle of a Billings Literary Society meeting, Reed worries, but thinks it must be a prank...that is until she starts to receive anonymous texts threatening Noelle's life!

Now Reed is tasked with completing a series of assignments in order to get Noelle back. While maintaining utter secrecy, Reed ends up having to ruin her social life, her academic career, her relationship with Josh...everything in her life! She'll do it all, though, gladly to get Noelle back...but, can she really save her life?

SO good. I love this series! This was a great addition to the series. Though I had my suspicions about who was behind the kidnapping, Brian threw me for a total loop at the end. There is a major revelation about Reed and Noelle's relationship!! I was proud of Reed, even when thrown for a total loop, she stands up for herself and refuses to play anyone's game but her own. This book leads into the prequel, The Book of Spells, coming out in December. I'm dying to read that one, too, though I kind of wish that Brian had not decided to add a paranormal element to the series...I feel like it's everywhere in YA now. *sigh Hopefully, though, this one will be good!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! You'll have to go back and check them out - they're soo good! Plus, another prequel "The Book of Spells" is coming out in December so you need to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete