Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

DNF - Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex


The Atlantis Complex
by Eoin Colfer
Artemis Fowl, book seven

Artemis has committed his entire fortune to a project he believes will save the planet and its inhabitants, both human and fairy. Can it be true? Has goodness taken hold of the world’s greatest teenage criminal mastermind?

Captain Holly Short is unconvinced, and discovers that Artemis is suffering from Atlantis Complex, a psychosis common among guilt-ridden fairies - not humans - and most likely triggered by Artemis’s dabbling with fairy magic. Symptoms include obsessive-compulsive behavior, paranoia, multiple personality disorder and, in extreme cases, embarrassing professions of love to a certain feisty LEPrecon fairy.

Unfortunately, Atlantis Complex has struck at the worst possible time. A deadly foe from Holly’s past is intent on destroying the actual city of Atlantis. Can Artemis escape the confines of his mind – and the grips of a giant squid – in time to save the underwater metropolis and its fairy inhabitants? (description from Amazon.com)

It saddens me to admit that I did not finish (DNF) this book. I have been a big fan of this series and loved the last two volumes, but I don't know if I'm just in the wrong mood or what, but I just could not get into this particular addition to the series.

The premise sounded good. I really wanted to see what would happen next in Artemis and Holly's friendship. I really love the idea of the fairies still holding Atlantis and finding out more about that. Colfer just could not grab me.

In the future, I might try to pick this one up again, especially since I know that the next book is the last in the series and I'd like to know how it really ends, but I just could not make myself push through this one when I have about 10 other books that I'm really excited to read calling to me from my bookcases!

No comments:

Post a Comment