Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Apocalypse 2012:The Ticking of the End Time Clock


Apocalypse 2012: The Ticking of the End Time Clock
by John Claeys

Did Nostradamus, the Mayans, and others have a glimpse of God's plan for the end of the earth? If so, will anyone survive 2012, or will that be the end of humanity? Is there a link between these ancient prophecies and what the Bible presents about the end times?

Apocalypse 2012: The Ticking of the End Time Clock reveals incredible and shocking information about the future of this world.
(description from back jacket copy)

Okay, this is not the typical type of book that I read...but if you read my blog regularly, you know that I have a fondness for dystopia. Yes. In fact, I believe I've even posted once or twice about my fascination with the idea of an apocalypse. I have a place, deep in the back of my brain that wants to dwell on the end of the world. I want to ponder if I would survive!

So...when I was offered the chance to review this book I took a chance. Now, I am NOT a non-fiction reader. I normally avoid it like the plague. I just have never been one to seek out non-fiction books...reading has always been my escape from real life. Occasionally, though, a topic will catch my interest to such a degree that I seek out books to gather more info.

The 2012 prophecy has definitely been on my radar for awhile now. I'm not really a religious person. I don't go to church regularly, but I do believe that there are plenty of things that we cannot explain ourselves. There has to be something out there...

So, I decided to read this book about the 2012 prophecy and truthfully it was both interesting and too dull for me. I know...quite the contradiction! As a person who cannot read a whole non-fiction book straight through, I fell into an old pattern. I skimmed. I know, shame!

However, it was interesting in different sections. While I may not have read the entire book cover to cover, I did read certain sections all the way through. I learned a lot about the history of the prophecy itself, which I'd only vaguely referenced before, and I found out that Christians can link a lot of the Biblical writings to a timeline that fits the prophecy.

Overall I am glad that I got to read through this book. While not exactly my cup of tea, it was written clearly enough that I was not at all confused and even though I'm not really practicing my religion, I understood a lot of the Biblical background and concerns.

Not something I'd recommend to everyone, but interesting to those concerned with our future.

Full disclosure: Received from publisher for review

No comments:

Post a Comment