Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

My big gift for the holidays? A new job!!

OMG.
I am super excited.
It's finally official.

I gave my notice at my current job today, and the countdown is on...
Starting the week after Christmas I will be the new Youth Services Librarian at the West Springfield Public Library in Massachusetts!




It's hilarious because, even though I live in CT, I already live close enough to the Mass border that my new job will be a closer drive, even though it's technically a state away! LOL.

I'm excited to see all of the new, exciting things that I will get to experience in a new place, and though I will sincerely miss all of my CT Librarian friends, I'm not moving away, so I'm sure we'll still find ways to get together!!

7 comments:

  1. I am super jealous, but also very happy for you. I want to be a librarian and I've been out of work since April. Some say I don't have the experience they want, but I have my MLS and I have other experience. I can never get the experience they want if no one ever gives me a chance. I wonder if these degrees will ever pay off. *sigh* Maybe I should apply all across the country, but, if I got something, I wouldn't have any money to move or live. I barely do now! So if you have a secret, I'd love to know lol!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting news and I'm so happy for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all THANK YOU!!!

    @Amber - It's super hard to get a job right now for all of us. *sigh* This was actually about the eighth job that I interviewed for in the last year. Some I was overqualified for, some I didn't have enough...something...some, they just didn't like me. It happens! All I can say is KEEP AT IT!! It's frustrating, I know. Believe me. Work on really getting all of your experience type stuff mentioned in your cover letter, too. That's what gets you in the door to get at least to the interview...

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job, but CT will be sad without you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Jessica. I'll definitely keep at it and I'm always working on my cover letters. I think I need to get more creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congrats! A job at the library would be my ideal job!

    ReplyDelete