Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fairy Bad Day


Fairy Bad Day
by Amanda Ashby

While most students at Burtonwood Academy get to kill demons and goblins, fifteen-year-old Emma gets to rid the world of little annoying fairies with glittery wings and a hipster fashion sense. She was destined to be a dragon slayer, but cute and charming Curtis stole her spot. Then she sees a giant killer fairy - and it's invisible to everyone but her! If Emma has any chance of stopping this evil fairy, she's going to need help. Unfortunately, the only person who can help is Curtis. And now, not only has he stolen her dragon-slayer spot, but maybe her heart as well! Why does she think it's going to be a fairy bad day? (description from Amazon.com)

This was a cute read. I really enjoyed the world building. Slayers that devote their lives to ridding the world of certain types of paranormal creatures...cool. I love that they go to school for it. The training sequences were fun...I actually wished there had been a little more description there. The fairies were hilarious. I loved them and then the giant killer fairy?? Bad-@ss. Very cool.

There were a lot of things I really liked about this book. There were a few moments, though, where I would find myself tempted to skim a few pages. I'm not sure if it was slightly too long or what...BUT, I would definitely read a sequel set in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment