Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Going Too Far


Going Too Far
by Jennifer Echols

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over.... (description from Amazon.com)

Okay, I've already praised Jennifer Echols excessively recently...I know, I know! You're probably sick of hearing it. BUT, I'm telling you I've gone full-on fangirl for her books!

This one. I picked it up at bedtime...big mistake! Three hours later, having stopped several times to wipe tears from my streaming face, I finally turned the last page...and wanted more. I cannot get enough of these stories.

Sure, some will argue that the love stories are predictable. I don't care! Each character draws me fully in. They are wounded. They lash out. They love with passion. These are the contemporary stories that will actually hold my interest!

In this specific book, my heart broke several times. Once when I found out the reason that Meg rebels. Once when I found out the reason John became a police officer and haunts a certain bridge. Once when it seemed that they'd pushed each other too far to come back...and finally when resolution was found. Through it all, I smiled and held my breath, trusting Jennifer Echols to push me through.

Trust me when I say this. I will read all of Jennifer Echols' future books. All of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment