Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

January Challenge Wrap-Up Post

2018 Books I Already Own Challenge

Well, the month of January is almost over and I feel like my 2018 Books I Already Own Challenge has been a success so far!!

I didn't complete my reading plan for the month (you can check back on that here), BUT I did almost complete it... with a few more books mixed in. I know there's two days left to the month, but I'm going to give you what I've done to this point so I can do my February reading plan post before the month officially starts.

Here's what I read in January 2018:
Audio books I own
Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen
Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson
Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray

Physical books I own
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
Winterspell by Claire Legrand
The Princess and the Stableboy by Rebecca Rynecki

eBooks I Own
Dark Descendant by Jenna Black
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
Darker Days by Jus Accardo
Defiance by C.J. Redwine

CHEAT BOOK: The Lost Plot by Genevieve Cogman

REQUIRED READING (Work): Daisies for Innocence by Bailey Cattrell

Lessons learned in January?
Well, I like having a plan as a guide, but I also couldn't completely stick to it without feeling stifled. I read to relax after all and feeling like all my reading is assigned is just not going to work long-term.  So, I am going to continue to make a plan each month, knowing that it's okay not to stick to it, AS LONG AS I keep within the limits of my challenge and try to read only books I already own...

Also, I may have to go back and reread some, as some of these books I've owned for so long I can't
remember what happened in the book that came before them...

...and I have to remind myself it IS okay if I decide that I don't want to finish a book. This is part of the purpose of this challenge, is to find out if I really DO love the books I have taking up space in my life...and clearing out the ones that no longer need to be there...

That's it for January. I'll be posting my February reading plan either tomorrow or the next day. 

Oh, and if you'd like in on the challenge, just let me know! We have a private group on both Facebook and Goodreads to give us a place to share, motivate each other, and bemoan having to pass up the shiny new books of 2018... at least for as long as each of us last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment