Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday's Movie and TV Talk! (4)

 
Welcome to Monday's Movie and TV Talk! I don't know if I'll do this every Monday, or just sporadically on Mondays, but I LOVE TV and movies, so I figured why not add some of that to the blog for fun?? It'll be especially awesome when I can tie things into the YA book world...
 
So, today I wanted to talk about the cropping up of Russian spies...I've been watching my normal TV shows and keeping an eye on what's coming out soon and I noticed that several storylines seem to focus on Russian spies.  Are we thinking Cold War part II might be coming?  Hmmm...
 
For instance, on the January 3rd episode of ELEMENTARY (starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu, a woman ends up dead in an industrial dryer in a hotel.  *Spoilers Ahead!!*  In digging deeper into the woman's background, Sherlock eventually deduces that both the woman and her husband are actually Russian spies! I thought it was really interesting, too, to see how the writers crafted things so that the couple fight over whether or not to bring their American-born daughter into the family business as a second generation agent...  *End Spoilers*
 
Then, premiering on FX on January 30th, is the new show, THE AMERICANS. Starring Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, and Noah Emmerich, the show follows two KGB agents posing as Americans in the suburbs of Washington D.C. I find the whole premise intriguing and will probably watch at least the first few episodes to try it out. 
 
Have I missed any Russian spy sightings lately?  I feel like there must be more...

No comments:

Post a Comment