Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Iron Queen and Summer's Crossing


The Iron Queen
by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Fey, book three
 
My name is Meghan Chase. I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. This time, there will be no turning back. (description from Amazon.com)

I really need to catch up with this series! Every time I read one of the books, I enjoy it so much.

*Spoiler Alert* This is book three so if you haven't read the first two...stop here!!

Anyway, Meghan thought she'd be able to return to her human life without having any issues, but when she returns home to find the Iron Fey outside her house, watching her family, she freaks. She knows she can't go back. She and Ash return to the Fey world and immediately become embroiled in war. It's so bad that Summer and Winter have tentatively called a truce to fight off the Iron Fey. No one could have expected what eventually happens, though...least of all Meghan.

Full again of danger, intrigue, secrets, and romance, this was an excellent installment in the series. I can't wait to finish Meghan's story in Iron Knight. I'm excited, too, because this fourth book is from Ash's perspective, which should be interesting...

Full disclosure: From my personal collection

Bonus Review:



I also just read the ebook novella, Summer's Crossing, set between the books, Iron Queen and Iron Knight. If you have an ereader, you can get it that way, or it is now part of the print book The Iron Legends, which contains the series' three novellas.

I LOVED this one mostly because it was from Puck's point of view and he is my FAVORITE character in the series. It really breaks my heart that Meghan doesn't love him the way that he loves her, but...I guess I just have to get over it. This novella made me giggle and had some great interactions between Puck and Ash. Worth a quick read.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment