Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Misguided Angel


Misguided Angel
by Melissa De La Cruz
Blue Bloods, book five

After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence--with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the seven gates that guard earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silverbloods.
As the Blue Blood enclave weakens yet further, fate leads Schuyler closer to a terrifying crossroads--and a choice that will determine the destiny of all vampires.
(description taken from Amazon.com)

Though I felt like this particular volume in the series didn't flow quite as smoothly for me, there were a LOT of things I really liked about it.

I really liked delving deeper into the Silver Bloods history, seeing their relationships with humans, and getting a few more details revealed...

I really liked seeing Mimi be, well, Mimi...forceful, smart...yes, a little bitchy, but for good reasons. Plus, she and Oliver become friends and well, I just thought it was super sweet how it developed.

I liked the introduction of Deming Chan, a venator from the Asian Blue Bloods coven. That was cool. Her philosophies and skills were different and added more depth to the world that De La Cruz has built.

I cannot wait for Bloody Valentine and then Lost in Time which comes out in October 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment