Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February Challenge Wrap-Up Post

2018 Books I Already Own Challenge
Well, today is the last day of February and while I fell off the wagon once, I still feel proud that primarily I have stuck to my 2018 Books I Already Own Challenge.

I didn't quite get to everything on my reading plan for February (you can check back on that here), BUT I didn't do too terribly. I'll be posting my March reading plan either later today or tomorrow and you'll see some repeat books, as I really am trying to finish up some of the series that I've owned forever!!

Here's what I read in February 2018:
Audio Books I Own
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Physical Books I Own
Talon by Julie Kagawa (review post)
Rebel Heart by Moira Young
Raging Star by Moira Young (review post)


eBooks I Own
Mothership by Martin Leicht and Isla Neal (review post)
Rogue by Julie Kagawa

CHEAT BOOK(s): Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh...and Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody (review post

Required Reading: (Work) Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower
(For Professional Review) Elysium Fire by Alastair Reynolds (audio book)
(For Professional Review) Lost Legio IX by Marc Alan Edelheit (audio book)

February Feels? 
So, as much as I am working to stick to my challenge...it's, well, challenging! LOL. Especially now that I'm getting involved with #bookstagram on social media, it is HARD not to covet all the new and shiny books coming out.  However, I really, truly am striving to explore my own bookshelves. 

You may have noticed, and even read my post, that I "fell off the wagon" and read a second (mostly) cheat book in February. It was one that I technically used to own, but if I was being really honest, I'd gotten rid of it and so it was no longer on my bookshelves and shouldn't have counted, thus being cheat book #2.  However, by allowing myself to have this second book, I was then able to dive back in and read three more off of my own bookshelves, so I am feeling like if the hankering hits me and I can't ignore it, it's perhaps better to get it out of my system and get back to my challenge than to get frustrated and then scrap the whole thing for the rest of the year... 

So. I'm still aiming to maintain my challenge next month. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for more success in March! 

No comments:

Post a Comment