Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Top 5 (All Right, Really it's Six...) Books to Hunt Down at BEA 2014

So....at BEA there are a TON of books every year.  It can be amazing and totally overwhelming.  For the last two years, I finally figured out the system that works the best for me in wading through the sheer number of books readily available... I make a list of books I'm dying to pick up and then I color code that to narrow it down even further to five or maybe ten books MAX that I will desperately hunt for while in the Javitz.  The rest I leave pretty much to chance.

So what are this year's top choices, you ask?

Martyr by A.R. Kahler
 I LOVED A.R. Kahler's Immortal Circus series, so I'm dying to read this new one. 

Talon by Julie Kagawa
 I love Julie Kagawa's writing and storylines, so I'm anxious to see how she tackles dragons! 

The Unfairest of Them All by Shannon Hale
The Ever After High series is TOO cute and come on, Shannon Hale! Love her books.  

Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly 
I love Donnelly's other books and I cannot wait to see her tackle a fantasy... I hadn't thought this one was going to be at BEA, but I think it just might be!!  

The Expeditioners and the Secret of King Triton's Lair by S.S. Taylor
I LOVED the first book in this steampunk middle grade adventure series. I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw the sequel coming out! 




...AND of course, I've read this one already, but if I could get a signed, finished copy??? *swoon*
The One by Kiera Cass

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing this very useful information you have provided for me cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Donnelly's book was going to be there. If you get it, please share with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited! I ended up with four out of the six titles and they're all signed by the author. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete