Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Case of the Deadly Desperados

















The Case of the Deadly Desperados
by Caroline Lawrence
Western Mysteries, book one

When twelve-year-old P.K. (Pinky) Pinkerton's foster parents are murdered by Whittlin' Walt and his gang of ruthless desperados, Pinky goes on the run and is forced into hiding with Ma's priceless last possession: the deed to a large amount of land and silver mines in the Nevada Mountains. But relying on disguises will only keep Pinky hidden for so long, and the desperados are quickly closing in . . . (Description from Amazon.com)

I loved this book SO much more than I ever thought I would.  P.K. is a spunky, interesting (maybe autistic) main character that I had no trouble rooting for... I loved all of the side characters.  There were mean desperados, and helpful townsfolk, a new "foster" parent to look up to, and even an appearance by Samuel Clemens himself! The mystery was great and the setting was way more interesting than I'd thought it would be.  I found myself smiling as I listened (I did this as an audio book) and hope to read the follow-up soon! 

Full disclosure: Borrowed from my Library

No comments:

Post a Comment