Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Host - Movie release date announced!



Though I have my issues with Stephenie Meyer's The Twilight Saga, I loved The Host without reservations. It is one of my favorite books of all time and I was stoked when I found out they had optioned it for a movie.

Here's part of the official announcement:
Los Angeles, CA, June 27, 2011 – Open Road Films has acquired U.S. distribution rights to “The Host,” the big screen adaptation of Twilight series author Stephenie Meyer’s best-selling novel. As previously announced, “The Host” will be directed by Andrew Niccol (“Gattaca”), who also wrote the screenplay, and will star Saoirse Ronan (“Hanna,” “The Lovely Bones,” “Atonement”). Open Road Films has set a March 29, 2013 release date (Easter weekend) for “The Host.”

I am beyond excited!! I really hope they do the story and its characters justice. I love Saoirse Ronan and I'm thinking she'll be great in this movie, too!


1 comment:

  1. I will totally go see this with you Miss Jessica-this book definitely rocked!

    ReplyDelete