Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tempestuous


Tempestuous
by Lesley Livingston
Wondrous Strange, book three

"I don't love Sonny Flannery."

That's the lie Kelley Winslow told to protect the boy she loves from a power he doesn't know he possesses. Devastated, Sonny retreats—to a haven for Lost Fae that's hidden deep underneath New York City.

But Kelley's not about to let things end in heartbreak. To get Sonny back, she's got to find out who's after his magick—and how to use her own. She's got to uncover who's recruiting Janus Guards to murderously hunt innocent Faerie. She's got to help rebuild the shattered theater company she called family. And she's got to do it all without getting dangerously distracted by the Fennrys Wolf, whose legendary heart of stone seems to melt whenever he's around Kelley. (description taken from Amazon.com)

What a great ending to the series. Besides having breathtaking covers (all three of them...I could just drool over them all day...), I love the complexities of the characters, the multilayered twists and turns of the plot, and the multitude of Shakespearean references!

It's been awhile since I read Darklight - probably the day it came out - and I had worried that I would have some issues remembering all that had happened, but Livingston does an excellent job bringing readers up to speed in a very lighthanded way. In fact, she sets up the plot so well that I was a little worried that the plot would not wrap up to my satisfaction before the end of the book and I knew that this was the end...

Livingston not only wrapped everything up...she did it well, with style, and even though I am totally satisfied as a reader, I would most definitely pick up another Wondrous Strange book if ever one appeared on the shelves!!

I don't want to give any spoilers away so I won't give too many details, but the persons who released the gates between the realms, allowing the Fae to enter the mortal world, are revealed. Their dastardly plot seems to be impossible to foil, but Kelley, Sonny, Fenn and their friends all find out exactly what they are made of and what sacrifices they are willing to make for each other and the world. Interesting, heartbreaking, and loyal decisions are made...friendships are forged and broken...love is lost, mended, and born.

Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment