Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - A Spy in the House



This meme is hosted by MizB at Should be Reading.

The rules are simple:
-Grab your current read.
-Let the book fall open to a random page.

-Share 2 "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
-Give the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from - that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
-And remember - please avoid spoilers!


A Spy in the House
by Y.S. Lee
The Agency, book one

p.173

When at last he spoke again, his voice was crisp and startling. "I don't believe you." Instinctively, Mary drew breath to protest, but he shook his head gently and she closed her mouth again. "You are not looking for work," he continued, more mildly. "Your hands are too soft; they are not a servant's hands. You are looking for something else."

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting teaser! I keep hearing about The Agency, and I'm adding it to my wishlist, now.

    Here are the two teasers that I have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that sounds wonderful! Definitely going on the list.

    My teaser is here. As a YA librarian, you undoubtedly know this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just put it on hold at the library. Worth it for the synopsis alone. Only one copy in the system, though, so I may have to wait.

    ReplyDelete