Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Blog Blitz - Winter Sparrow











I am happy to be participating in the blog blitz for Estevan Vega's WINTER SPARROW today. It sounds like a great title and I also have a fun interview with the author to share! 

“I’ll grow wings all by myself.”

Mary is a young artist about to enter a new chapter in her life. After years of waiting and searching, she has finally found true love. She’s also just discovered that her fiancĂ© Joshua has inherited his father’s rundown countryside mansion. To add to the rising pressure, her wedding day is so close she can practically hear the music. All she has to do is accept what the future holds. Accept…and be happy.

But something’s missing.

As the seasons change, her doubts turn to fears, and her fears become reality. Through struggle and loss, the love she once possessed for Joshua transforms into contempt. When Mary is confronted with a magical escape, the life she has and the life she dreams of will collide, awakening a mysterious change within. But no choice comes without cost, and each one will draw her closer to the truth.


At times both beautiful and haunting, Winter Sparrow dares you to step into a world where eternity is a moment and every breath is a second chance. The fantasy begins…

Mini Biography:
I’m a writer. Well, technically an author, because they say that you magically become an author (i.e. true creative) if you’ve published something, and you’re a writer if you haven’t (you know those closet aspiring geniuses who just scribble stuff into notebooks and hide it from the world?). But I still call myself a writer. I’m one of 4 brothers. The middle son. I guess that’s supposed to make me uber weird and dysfunctional, but the jury’s still out on that one. I love mint chocolate chip ice cream. Like, really love it. Watching movies and going to rock shows are 2 of my favorite pastimes, and I am addicted to telling stories.

Interview
Chocolate or Vanilla? 
Swirl (with chocolate sprinkles in a waffle cone)

Favorite TV show? 
Supernatural. I love randomly quoting Dean Winchester. 
Oh, and b-t-dubbs…I really miss Smallville.

Current favorite song? 
The entire new self-titled album from the band Nothing More
A solid rock record with an occasional melodic tune thrown in. Go check it out!

If you could be transported into any book, which one would you choose? 
When I was a kid, I always used to be like, “Man, it would be so cool being the hero in some crazy time where everything I believe in is illegal and people are hunting me.” What the heck was I thinking? I must’ve thought it was tough or something. Looking back, I realize that was a tad insane, and I’m kind of a chicken. I love books that get to the nitty gritty and make you question what you think and feel, but those books, and those journeys tend to have dark conclusions, which I’m not entirely sure I can handle. If I had to choose, though, I think I’d like to be a part of Hearts in Atlantis, the story with Bobby Garfield. I think it’d be so cool to have some random stranger with special powers enter my life and totally flip my world inside out. It’s dangerous enough to make me feel like my life is intriguing, but safe enough to where I don’t see myself dating a guillotine anytime soon.

For more information about Estevan Vega and WINTER SPARROW:
Estevan Vega Website

No comments:

Post a Comment