Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

OMG! YAY!

I am beyond delighted to report that Bloomsbury is coming out with a sequel to the much beloved Princess Academy by one of my favorite authors, Shannon Hale!!!

At the moment, they are just calling it Princess Academy 2, but it sounds amazing. From Shannon Hale's blog post announcement:

The new novel picks up where the 2006 Newbery Honor winner Princess Academy left off. Miri and a few of the academy girls travel to the capital city of Asland to help the princess-to-be. But while continuing her studies, Miri befriends some other students who seek to overthrow the crown. Torn between her friendship with the princess and her belief in her new friends’ daring ideas, as well as an old love and a new crush, Miri struggles to find her place in the larger world.

I am SOOOO excited for this and will be anxiously hoping to pick up an ARC at BEA this summer before it's official release in August 2012.

2 comments:

  1. I was super excited about this as well :) Although I always liked The Goose Girl books better then Princess Academy :P Now all I want is for the Austenland movie to come out already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie - I love the Books of Bayern (Goose Girl), too! All of Shannon Hale's books are pretty fabulous. Princess Academy is a personal fave of mine...and I'm totally with you on the movie. It needs to come out, ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete