Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant



Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
Adapted from the Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan.

I just watched this movie tonight and I have to say it was pretty good. I haven't read the books so I don't know how it is comparitively, but I definitely enjoyed it just as a movie. The special effects were pretty good, it wasn't too gross, and I liked 95% of the casting choices. In fact, this movie did it's job, as I now want to go and read the series!

Just a little FYI, if you are thinking about showing this movie in your library, with proper licensing, of course, there are a few blantant swears and there is quite a bit of violence. Just warn your viewers that it is rated PG-13.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen the promos, but I didn't realize the movie was actually out yet. I wonder if that means it's not doing as well as hoped. Doesn't matter. I'll still buy it for the library when it comes out, and I know it will circ very well, given the popularity of the series.

    ReplyDelete