Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Very Belated May Wrap-Up


So, it's been a while since I posted... I realized I only posted once in May, because I was both reading desperately to finish all the cheat books I wanted to try to hit in my cheat month, and also because life just got busy!

If you remember, I took the entire month of May off from my 2018 Books I Already Own Challenge to just read whatever I wanted because so many new books I was anxious to read released in May, and because I was going to the Book Expo in New York City right at the end of the month. (IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! Check my Instagram account - ireadtorelax - for photos, etc. from the Expo

Anyway, though I didn't get to everything I wanted to read in May, it felt great to relieve some pressure and just read whatever I wanted for the month.  Now, even though it's June 12th, I'm trying STILL to finish War Storm by Victoria Aveyard, the last book in the Red Queen series, which I started before I left for the Book Expo on May 29th! It's extremely slow going, unusual for me, but I really want to finish it, just because I NEED to know how the series ends!

*sigh* Then, I got four really stellar ARCs at Book Expo that I'm dying to read, so I may be cheating a little bit this month, too. I haven't decided if I can hold out or not.  I'll see how I'm feeling when I finish War Storm...

So, what did I read in May?  
(All titles link to their entries on Goodreads)

Audio Books I Own
In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
High Voltage by Karen Marie Moning
The Plastic Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg

Physical Books I Own
You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
Legendary by Stephanie Garber (ARC)
Furyborn by Claire Legrand (ARC) (review post)

eBook I Own
Fic Against Humanity vol. 1 by B.B. Richard

Library Books I Borrowed
The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
At the Drop of a Hat by Jenn McKinlay
Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston
Murder, She Knit by Peggy Ehrhart
Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

Required Reading:
(Work) Dog Dish of Doom by E.J. Copperman
(Professional Review) The Pisces by Melissa Broder
(Professional Review) Gaslight by Dannika Dark 

All in all not a bad month. Sixteen titles. A lot of which I'd been dying to read!
I've also decided to try to read one non-fiction book a month for the rest of the year after my success reading You are a Badass.  Now, to finish my behemoth of a series ender and figure out what I'm doing for the rest of June... 

No comments:

Post a Comment