Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

As Life Speeds Up...So the Blogging Slows Down...

So, if you follow this blog, you know that in the past few years, I've been a pretty regular blogger.  I posted reviews or some kind of fun, mostly bookish related post at least four times a week...and that didn't use to seem hard.

Right now, though, my life has gotten quite a bit busier!  My posts have slowed WAY down and honestly, I'm trying to make myself okay with that for a while.

A few months ago, I let you all know that I got a promotion at work. I'm the Adult Services Supervisor which means that I'm on the management team at my Library and what you may not know is that we're getting a new Library building.  YAY, right?



There's always a but, LOL.

Anyway, in order to get our new building, we have to move to a temporary location so that they can tear down the majority of our building to build a brand-new one on the same spot.  (We are keeping our historic wing, but that's it.)

So...we're moving in about a month and the process to get out of our current building and into the temporary one is well, a little insane! My life has turned into a series of meetings, question and answer sessions with staff and patrons, press releases, and the endless self-doubt routine of knowing that I've forgotton SOMETHING.

By the time I get home at night, I'm exhausted.  Can't even process some nights. No conversation, no reading...just bad television and hoping the dinner I fed my husband was fully cooked.



So, my reading has slowed down, my ability to form coherent sentences has disappeared, and any possible remaining energy has gone towards something mindless. (Or pie, LOL, which apparently my stomach has lied to my brain about, convincing the gray matter that it's a mindless activity in the interest of deliciousness...) In case you all care, my house is also a little...less clean...than usual, owing to my general exhaustion. Fun, right?

I'm hoping that once we've moved into our temporary location and have settled into a new routine by mid-March that I'll get back to life as usual.  Until then, my blogging may continue to be a little sporadic and less intellectual sounding due to general brain mush.

I hope you can all forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment