Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fade Out


Fade Out
The Morganville Vampires: Book 7
By Rachel Caine

Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, the resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again...

Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theatre company. But when one of Eve's castmates goes missing after starting work on a short documentary, Eve suspects the worst. Claire and Eve soon realize that this film project, whose subject is the vampires themselves, is a whole lot bigger-and way more dangerous-than anyone suspected.

This was a really fun and quick book to read. I love this series! Claire is really developing as a character...growing into her own. I like how Caine manages to make her relationship with Shane very realistic. She's too young to really move in with him and have that intense a relationship, but she feels the same hormonal urges that all teens do and obviously deeply cares for him. The relationships that she is developing with the vampires, especially Myrnin, Oliver and Amelie, are really complex and it's refreshing to see that Caine can make all of her characters flawed, and yet still "lovable," so to speak. I don't want to say anymore for fear that I will spoil the book for other potential readers. Let me just say this book had some good twists and I really enjoyed it!

As usual, I devouring this new book in the series in about 3 hours. I wish they came out more frequently...I know, I know, we all wish that whenever we like a series! There is nothing worse than having to wait an inordinately long time for the next great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment