Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Isla and the Happily Ever After

Isla and the Happily Ever After 
by Stephanie Perkins
Anna and the French Kiss, book three

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. (Description from Goodreads.com)

Though my favorite book in this trilogy is still Lola and the Boy Next Door (go Cricket!!), I sincerely recommend this series, any book in the series, ALL the books in the series, to anyone looking for a romantic and joyous read.  

Each book has it's very serious moments, because no real relationship is all sunshine and roses, but you can have confidence that things will work out beautifully in the end.  There's realism and the type of romance we all hope and dream of here. In fact, while  this book focuses primarily on Isla and Josh's romance, the cameos that Anna, Etienne, Lola, and Cricket make are fabulous...and the final reason for their trip to France will leave readers of the entire series beaming! I shed a few happy tears myself. 

What I love best about Perkins' books is that ability to give me as the reader both a light, yet serious read.  The knowledge that there will certainly be sigh-worthy moments, but also ones that will reflect my own life, my own journey to figuring out not only who I was/am as a person, but what I wanted in life.  The questions that I had to answer to find (and keep) the love of my life.  You can feel the full and complex nature of Perkins' characters, relate to them, and cheer them on as they make their major life choices.  

Wonderfully done.  I wish there were more coming, but I will definitely read whatever Stephanie Perkins does next. 

Full disclosure: Borrowed from my Library 

No comments:

Post a Comment