Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

DNF - Shattered Souls



















Shattered Souls
by Mary Lindsey

Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.

Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon. (description from Amazon.com)

I had such high hopes that I would love this book. I first heard about it at BEA last year. The premise sounded cool and the cover was really phenomenal. 

Sadly, this book just didn't grab me at all.  It was not at all bad, but I got 1/3 of the way through and still felt "eh" about it.  With the book award selection committee that I'm on, I just didn't have time to try and finish the book if I wasn't super into it already. 

I may try to pick this one up again at some point in the future, but for now...it's a DNF.

If you want to check out some other reviews of the book, you can go to:

Parajunkee's review

Reading Vacation's review 

Fiktshun's review



No comments:

Post a Comment