Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Author Interview - Carrie Harris!

Hey All! 

So, yesterday I put up my post about the great upcoming book, Sally Slick and the Steel Syndicate. Today, I'm beyond excited to have the author (one of my favorites!), Carrie Harris, visiting the blog. 

Welcome to the blog, Carrie! I'm so excited you took the time to answer just a few quick questions for me...

1. How long did it take from first spark of idea to final proofs to write Sally Slick?

This book was spin-your-head-around fast. It all started with a tweet. (Honest. Twitter is USEFUL, and I’m not just saying that to justify my tweeting. HONEST. CROSS MY HEART.) Sally is an established character and had already appeared in books, a roleplaying game, and a board game by the time she got to me, so I had a lot of catching up to do! But by the time I’d gone through it all, I knew what I wanted to do. We started talking in January. I started writing in March. Who knew that you could get a book on the shelves in less than a year?!?!

2. If you could write a book under a pseudonym that no one would ever connect to you, are there any genres you would love to secretly explore?

I love the idea of pseudonyms, and I already have one picked out (but can’t tell you because then how pseudo would it be, right?!?). But I’m not sure I have any secret genre loves. I’d love to write a New Adult...so I am. I’d love to write an adult comic fantasy…so I am. I also have a YA WIP about a possessed Mr. Bacon figurine. And really, I’m not too proud to claim all that weirdness. Or maybe it’s more accurate to say that I AM proud to claim all that weirdness. I think weirdness is pretty awesome. 
*I, for one, think that your particular brand of weirdness is extremely awesome, Carrie!*

3. If you could cross one thing off your bucket list tomorrow, what would it be?

I’d go to Australia! It’s very cold here in Michigan right now, and I do not like the cold. The cold turns me into a cranky old person who complains about her joints and tells everyone to get off her lawn. It’s not pretty. If I had a flowered housecoat, I’d be wearing it right about now. You think I’m kidding, but I’m not.

4. Quick picks list:
Favorite vacation destination?
I went on an epic cruise with my best friend once, so I’ll pick that. Anything in the middle of the water where it’s warm and people can’t walk on my lawn is good. J

Favorite childhood book?
The Hobbit! I did book reports on it for four years in a row before anyone caught on that I’d been recycling them.

Favorite writing snack food?
Anything salty combined with Diet Dr. Pepper. Not in the same bowl though, because ewww.
*OMG, I also love Diet Dr. Pepper, even though people keeping telling me diet soda will kill me... I just can't give up the Diet Dr. P!*

Favorite clothing item?
My zombie unicorn dress, naturally!

5. What's next on your writing horizons?
Well, I kind of already spilled the beans on my current projects, but there’s still more because I’m nothing if not an overachiever. In 2014, I have two books hitting the shelves—Demon Derby (YA about a cancer survivor turned demon fighting derby girl) and War of Ashes: Off on a Ylark (game tie-in about cute muppets facing an invasion of not-cute muppets). But there’s also a Sally Slick sequel in the works…Sally Slick and the Miniature Menace. Sally’s going to deal with a nefarious villain, the threat of WWI, and the beginnings of a very complicated romantic life. I’m super excited to write it!
*I CANNOT WAIT TO READ ALL OF THESE. REALLY. ALL OF THEM.*


Thanks so much for letting me visit, Jessica! You are the bestest. That is too a word.

Thank YOU so much, Carrie, for letting me interview you. It was a pleasure!

For more information about Carrie and her books, check out her (AH-MAZING) website, blog, Facebook page, or stalk follow her on Twitter like I do.  Believe me, you won't regret it.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I have given you a Liebester blog award!!! I hope you have fun with it!! For more details, visit my blog here http://wiccawitch4.blogspot.ca/2013/12/ww4bb-gets-blog-award.html CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete